Is soya food the healthy food it is touted to be? The answer is no!
July is here and with it the beginning of the second half of the year 2016…
…many historical happenings, this month, including the visit of the Israeli Prime Minister, the Indian Prime Minister and the UNCTAD UN Conference….supportive of “3rd World Development” …on our part, at OCA, we continue advocating for ORGANIC lifestyles….to educate the public on healthy, sustainable and climate friendly LIFESTYLES… here is some of our action www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4og0LytrdE
- And did you know that SOYA food, in all its forms, is generally unhealthy despite the TV commercials misinformation and “industry funded research” propaganda?
- Did you know soya is associated with unhealthy outcomes, including CANCER?
- Did you know that soya isoflavones, plant phytoestrogens, are endocrine disruptors and linked to cancer, hypothyroidism in women and a host of other diseases and ailments?
- Did you know that up to 80% of soya in the global market is now GMO and is grown using harmful pesticides and chemicals include toxic glyphosate?
- The only good soya is FERMENTED and ORGANIC soya… free from harmful pesticides and other harmful substances…
Here below are myths and truths about soya and the scientific EVIDENCE….
- Use of soy as a food dates back many thousands of years.
- (1134-246 BC), only after the Chinese learned to ferment soybeans to make foods like tempeh, natto, and tamari.
- Asians consume large amounts of soy foods
- (about 2 teaspoons) per day. Asians consume soy foods in small amounts as a condiment, and not as a replacement for animal foods.
- Modern soy foods confer the same health benefits as traditionally fermented soy foods.
- , and are processed in a way that denatures proteins and increases levels of carcinogens.
- Soy foods provide complete protein.
- Like all legumes,In addition, modern processing denatures fragile lysine.
- Fermented soy foods can provide vitamin B12 in vegetarian diets.
- The compound that resembles vitamin B12 in soy cannot be used by the human body. In fact,.
- Soy formula is safe for infants.
- In test animals, diets high in trypsin inhibitors led to stunted growth and pancreatic disorders. Soy foods increase the body's requirement for vitamin D, needed for strong bones and normal growth.
- Phytic acid in soy foods results in reduced bioavailability of iron and zinc, which are required for the health and development of the brain and nervous system. Soy also lacks cholesterol, likewise essential for the development of the brain and nervous system.
- Megadoses of phytoestrogens in soy formula have been implicated in the current trend toward increasingly premature sexual development in girls and delayed or retarded sexual development in boys.
- Soy foods can prevent osteoporosis
- ,Calcium from bone broths and vitamin D from seafood, lard and organ meats prevent osteoporosis in Asian countries—not soy foods.
- Modern soy foods protect against many types of cancer.
- A British government report concluded thatIn fact, soy foods may result in an increased risk of cancer.
- Soy foods protect against heart disease
- In some people, consumption of soy foods will lower cholesterol, but .
- Soy estrogens (isoflavones) are good for you.
- . At dietary levels, they can prevent ovulation and stimulate the growth of cancer cells. Eating as little as 30 grams (about 4 tablespoons) of soy per day can result in hypothyroidism with symptoms of lethargy, constipation, weight gain and fatigue.
- :Soy foods are safe and beneficial for women to use in their postmenopausal years
- . Low thyroid function is associated with difficulties in menopause.
- Phytoestrogens in soy foods can enhance mental ability.
- ; In Japanese–Americans, tofu consumption in mid-life is associated with the occurrence of Alzheimer's disease in later life.
- : Soy isoflavones and soy protein isolate have GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) status.
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)for soy isoflavones following an outpouring of protest from the scientific community. The FDA never approved GRAS status for soy protein isolate because of concern regarding the presence of toxins and carcinogens in processed soy.
- Soy foods are good for your sex life
- in animals. Soy consumption enhances hair growth in middle-aged men, indicating lowered testosterone levels.
Soybeans are good for the environment.
- to allow farmers to use large amounts of herbicides.
- Soybeans are good for developing nations
And here is the scientific EVIDENCE and articles to back up the TRUTH…. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/09/18/soy-can-damage-your-health.aspx