Are there any successful case studies of sustainable ecological organic agriculture in Africa? YES
The month of November is here and with it the beginning of the anticipated short rains albeit scanty and unpredictable:
With the changing climatic conditions what is the way forward, for African farming, in view of unreliable rains coupled with alternating droughts and floods?
There are largely two farming and food productions systems to choose from, namely:
- Ecological organic agriculture and related food production system
- Conventional farming and biotechnology lead agriculture food production system
Here are scientific reasons and cases studies of why you should choose ecological organic agriculture for SAFE food and nutrition security towards achieving the SDGs.
- WATCH this: and
- READ these case studies from East Africa, in partnership with IFOAM
- Make an informed choice: Convert to ecological organic agriculture.
- Pay the farmer now or pay the pharmacist (and doctor) later in increased health care costs and other costs associated with soil degradation, loss of biodiversity, climate change and water and air poisoning and pollution.