What should Organic Agriculture Food System Advocates prioritize for 2018 and beyond?
January 2018 is here and with it an opportunity to take the organic consumer awareness message to the next level: Mainstreaming organic policies, strategies and ensuing implementation at local, national, regional and international levels. Here below are key issues and examples of some measure of success, illustrated by concerted local, regional and international efforts.
- The increasing rates of OBESITY and chronic non-communicable diseases (NCDs) from increasing consumption of unhealthy foods - the OCA perspectives as summarized in two YouTube interview with Dr. Peter Mokaya,
- A high point for Organic Consumers Alliance(OCA) was the opportunity to show case its consumer awareness activities during the Organic Food Systems Program(OFSP) as part of the recent Organic World Congress(OWC) pre-conference workshops: https://hawthornevalley.org/events/special-presentation-organic-world-congress/
- SEED sovereignty is KEY to food sovereignty…without seed sovereignty organic agriculture is threatened: Examples from Africa on OPV seed policies and seed banks: file:///C:/Users/EMokaya/Downloads/Pelum%20Regional%20Newsletter%20Issue%208%20December.pdf
- The evidence that “food is medicine” ; Turmeric is a good example in the management of diabetes, especially if the turmeric is grown withOUT synthetic fertilizers and pesticides aka ORGANIC: There are few evidence sources that match the efforts of Sayer Ji of greenmedinfo.com: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/turmeric-extract-may-prevent-even-reverse-diabetes-type-1-and-2? And Dandelion root for cancer treatment: https://foodrevolution.org/blog/dandelion-anti-cancer-powerhouse/?
- And finally, who better than Mike Adams, the Health Ranger to keep the Biotech and related Agro-Chemical and Big Pharma Mafia, in check, with robust evidence, than this brilliant warrior…providing evidence on what will occupy the Doctor of the Future… https://www.naturalnews.com/Quote-Doctor-of-the-Future-Thomas-Edison.html