Evidence that Glyphosate and other agrochemicals are reducing the IQ of children! One more reason why we should avoid herbicide and pesticide grown foods and shift to healthy pesticide free, organic foods.
August is here and we pray the “Passover” miracle obtains…with the knowledge that good bequeaths good and what goes round comes round…the chicken do come home to roost...
Here is the latest on the dangers of glyphosate and other agrochemicals: http://www.gmwatch.org/en/news/latest-news/17661-organic-foods-backed-by-landmark-report-warning-pesticides-far-more-dangerous-than-was-thought
- For scientists and policy makers: the confessions from an Indian Policy maker who facilitated the introduction of GMO Cotton, in India...20 years later...he deeply regrets the suicides he inadvertently caused among the GM cotton farmers; his confessions here: http://economictimes.
indiatimes.com/news/economy/ agriculture/ex-cabinet-secy- regrets-over-introducing-gm- cotton-in-india/articleshow/ 59704515.cms
- For farmers, consumers and activists: what Burkina Faso cotton farmers(and consumers) have achieved from lessons learned in India......and now, India may need to LEARN from Burkina in kicking out the GMOs of Monsanto and other biotechnology firms out of India:http://www.downtoearth.org.in/
- During an experiential learning visit to Burkina Faso, last year, together with other agro-ecological organic agriculture practitioners to witness, first hand, the ravages of GM cotton, i met that gentleman, in the white cap(among other local farmers and consumers).http://www.downtoearth.org.in/
- In Kenya, field studies have been going on for the so-called water efficient maize for Africa (WEMA), hybrid maize variety, using hybrid non- GMO drought resistant germplasm...but guess what? They have now, sneaked in the GMO Bt. WEMAvariety into so-called National Field Trials (NPT), with the Bt. protein, ostensibly, as a stacked variety to prevent the maize stem borer pest from attacking the maize stalk! And yet, it is a known fact, from field trials, the Fall Army worm and the stem borer have still attacked the WEMA maize! Farmers in the field trial sites know and have observed the failure to thrive of the WEMA Bt. Maize! Who is fooling who?
- Do we have evidence that the Bt. technology that Monsanto, supposedly "donated" in order to get patent privileges on the Bt. WEMA variety is outdated and obsolete technology? Findings from South Africa have conclusively demonstrated that the gross failure of Bt. Maize against the maize pest! Here is the evidence: http://www.ensser.
- And how do feed the hungry world, they quip? Agroecological organic agricultural food systems CAN feed the world, sustainably: Here is the evidence: http://www.twn.my/title2/