OCA has the following broad objectives:
- To serve as a “One Stop Shop” or “Clearing House” for all health & safety matters related to the needs and concerns of Organic Consumers.
- To provide coordination oversight and leadership of the various awareness creation activities.
- To provide technical and administrative leadership and management capacity building for related organic consumer awareness creation interventions.
- To provide a platform for Organic Consumers to exchange information/ideas and share lessons learnt to inform the way forward.
- To provide a platform for conducting Organic Consumer Research, in collaboration with like-minded research organizations with a view to providing scientific evidence to inform policy and strategies.
- To provide a platform for policy advocacy and promotion of the Organic Consumers interest and related agenda at policy level as it relates to respective Ministries.